Young People need the skills to Earn & Grow
- Learn how to get and keep a job
- Service-Learning Projects
- Job Placement
Hartford Youth Service Corps
The Youth Service Corps (YSC) was envisioned by Hartford Mayor Luke Bronin to address the lack of employment opportunities for Hartford youth. Since 2016, OPP has partnered with the City of Hartford to implement the YSC.
Members of the YSC will participate in:
- Paid Service Learning Projects
- Educational Supports
- Job Readiness Training
- Goal Setting
- Personal Development Workshops
Every young person that enters into the YSC is integrated with OPP’s personal development, academic achievement, and workforce readiness services.
The YSC connects youth to their community through paid service learning projects including
- Seasonal yard cleanup for Hartford homebound
- Preparation of non-perishable items at FoodShare events
- Operation of The Carousel at Bushnell Park
- Community Garden Projects
- Hartford Community Beautification Initiatives
… and more!